kmuthu

network_link is not working in impdp command (Oracle 12c)

Oracle 12c DB1 & DB2 is available in Server 1 & Server2 respectively.

I have created DB Link in DB2(DB Link Name: PUBLIC_LINK_TO_PROD) to access the data of DB1. I can access the DB1 data in DB2 after created the DB link.

Now i want to use Network_link impdp parameter for the DB Schema user import from Source DB(DB1) to Remote DB(DB1) using DB link. Used the below command;

impdp DB2Schema/Password directory=DATA_PUMP_DIR logfile=Dev_Import_Log.log tables=employee_table remap_schema=fromschema:toschema table_exists_action=truncate network_link=PUBLIC_LINK_TO_PROD

But i am getting below error during import process.

Import: Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production on Mon Nov 19 17:44:37 2018

Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates.  All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Advanced Analytics and Real Application Testing options
UDI-00011: parameter dumpfile is incompatible with parameter network_link

Any one help me to use the parameter network_link parameter for the db table import from Source to Remote server?

Hi Burleson,

Thank you very much for your reply. Actually i need to user NETWORK_LINK. Because this parameter used in PRD and working fine.

I have tried to use in Development environment(Impdp from Source to Remote DB). Actually, i did the below steps based on your guidence(http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_expdp_network_link.htm)

(1) Configured TNS in Remote DB to access the Source DB

(2) Create DB Link(PUBLIC_LINK_TO_PROD) in Remote to access the Source DB tables

(3) Impdp command execute in Remote DB for the import Source table in Remote DB

impdp <Source_schema>/<Password>@TNS logfile=Import_logfile.log network_link=PUBLIC_LINK_TO_PROD tables=FAM_RECON table_exists_action=truncate remap_schema=<Source_schema>:<Remote_Schema>

But getting the below error.

<<

Import: Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production on Wed Nov 21 12:01:25 2018

Copyright (c) 1982, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates.  All rights reserved.

Connected to: Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP, Advanced Analytics and Real Application Testing options
ORA-39004: invalid state
ORA-39091: unable to determine logical standby and streams status
ORA-06550: line 1, column 76:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "IN" when expecting one of the following:

<an identifier> <a double-quoted delimited-identifier>
ORA-06550: line 1, column 107:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol ";" when expecting one of the following:

) , and or

>>

Please suggest if any ideas to resolve this error or IMPDP using network_link steps.